Having your home on the market can be a challenge. How are you supposed to keep it “show ready” all the time? What changes can you make to attract buyers to your home? Check out my tips and videos below for a “show ready home!”
YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES
- Panic! Okay – now check that off the list. You’re already making progress!
- Make the Beds
- Grab a laundry basket – throw all of the clutter into it and put the basket into the car (you’ll sort it when you get back).
- Empty all garbage into a garbage bag and take out (or take with you).
- Put up your “show” towels
- Close all toilet seats
- Wipe down
YOU HAVE AN HOUR
Do everything on the ten minute list
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Use cleaner /vinegar & water to clean all glass and mirrored surface
- Sweep all hard surfaced floors /spot-mop sticky spots
- Give toilets a scrub and wipe down tubs
- Clear kitchen counter tops as much as possible; all dishes in dishwasher, soaps and scrubbies under sink.
- Give kitchen cupboards a quick wipe down
- Laundry should be folded and put away (or chucked into a laundry basket and put into your car-deal with it later if you don’t have time).
- Sweep the front walk/shake out doormat