There are some things that you should NOT
do when purchasing a new home. After all, you don’t want to risk not being able to move in! Have a look and contact me
if you have any questions!
Purchasing a new home? Don’t do these things!
- Thou shalt NOT change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shalt NOT buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it).
- Thou shalt NOT use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind (hide them from yourself if you must).
- Thou shalt NOT spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt NOT intentionally omit information from the loan application big no-no).
- Thou shalt NOT buy furniture or make other large purchases on credit.
- Thou shalt NOT originate any inquiries into your credit (if there are too many inquiries regarding your credit it WILL lower your credit score).
- Thou shalt NOT make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
- Thou shah NOT change bank accounts.
- Thou shalt NOT co-sign a loan for anyone.